Nearly, all of us have travelled on a train, at least once in our lives. Besides a remarkable travel experience, there are other things that Railways could surprise you with..like these 10 incredible facts:
हिंदी में पढ़ें
1) The total distance covered by the Indian Railways is equivalent to three and a half times the distance to the moon. WOW!
2) Can you guess the mascot of Indian Railways? Well, it’s Bholu, the guard elephant.
3) Gorakhpur is home to the longest platform in the world which is 4,483 ft. in length.
4) On 16th April 1853, the first passenger train ran between Bombay and Thane.
5) Howrah-Amritsar Express has the maximum number of halts (115 halts).
6) The shortest station name is Ib (Orissa) and the longest is Sri Venkatanarasimharajuvariapeta (Tamil Nadu).
7) The slowest train in India is the Mettupalayam-Ooty Nilgiri Passenger that runs at a speed of 10 kmph and the fastest is the Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 that runs at a speed of 180 kmph.
Planning a trip?Book Train
8) Indian Railways had no toilets for more than 50 years. Don’t be shocked! It is true.
9) Indian Railways is the world’s 8th largest employer. That is incredible!
10) Passenger trains have four emergency exit windows which should be used in case of any unforeseen incident.
How many of these did you know? Pass it on further and know how many people are aware of these facts.