Attention travellers! Train 18, India’s 1st engine-less train is set to hit the tracks for trials on October 29.
Here are 5 things that you should know about Train 18:
1. Built by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF), in a record time of 20 months, it will replace the legendary Shatabdi Express.
2. The swanky 16-coach train is capable of running at a speed of up to 160 km/h and will cut travel time by 15% compared to the Shatabdi.
3. Fitted with CCTV cameras, the self-propelled train would have 2 executive compartments in the middle with 52 seats each. Whereas, the trailer coaches would have 78 seats each.
4. The Train 18 built at a cost of Rs 100 crore also has automatic doors and footsteps, diffused lighting along with GPS-based Passenger Information System.
5. Also, while stopping at a station, the footstep in a coach’s doorway will slide outward for passengers to land safely.
Blog picture Credit:zeenews.india.com