Time to work and have a Koalaty vacation in Australia!
Earlier this month, India and Australia signed a Free Trade Agreement under which the Australian government has agreed to implement Work and Holiday Visas for Indian citizens within two years. This will open up new opportunities for young Indians to participate in working holidays in Australia.
Under the Work and Holiday program, up to 1000 young travellers from India will be allowed to work as they travel in Australia. Indians will be eligible for a Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462), which is valid for 12 months. They will be allowed to leave and re-enter the country as many times as they like during this period.
Work and Holiday Visa holders can do any kind of work in Australia. They can, however, only work for the same employer for a period of six months. This program also allows them to study for four months (17 weeks).
Who all will be eligible for the Work and Holiday Visa?
People who have completed two years of study after their secondary education and possess a functional level of English proficiency will be eligible for this visa.
Other requirements for this visa are as follows –
- Hold a valid Indian passport
- 18-30 years of age at the time of application
- Must be outside Australia at the time of application for, and grant of, visa
- Must not have previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) or a Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Have sufficient funds for personal support in Australia and to depart
- Meet health and character requirements
Tap here for more details.
For more travel information, stay tuned to ixigo.