The Railways have suspended train services between Sugauli-Majhaulia (SGL-MJL) section in Bihar due to the overflowing of water at bridge no. 248 and with flood water levels continuing to rise in the state.
As a result of this, several major trains passing through this section in the state have been diverted to alternate routes.
Plan your train journey with ease:Book Trains
The list of special trains diverted include:
1) Train no. 02558 Delhi-Muzaffarpur Sapt Kranti Express Special from Delhi will pass through Gorakhpur-Siwan-Chhapra-Hajipur-Muzaffarpur instead of via Gorakhpur-Narkatiaganj-Sugauli-Muzaffarpur on 25/07/20.
2) Train no. 02557 Muzaffarpur-Delhi Sapt Kranti Express from Muzaffarpur will pass via Muzaffarpur-Hajipur-Chhapra-Siwan-Gorakhpur instead of via Muzaffarpur-Sugauli-Narkatiaganj-Gorakhpur on 25/07/20.
3) Train no. 05273 Raxaul-Delhi Satyagrah Express Special from Raxaul will now be diverted via Raxaul-Sikta-Narkatiaganj instead of via Raxaul-Sugauli-Narkatiaganj on 25/07/20.
4) Train no. 05274 Delhi-Raxaul Satyagrah Express Special from Delhi will now pass through Narkatiaganj-Sikta-Raxaul instead of through Narkatiaganj-Sugauli-Raxaul on 25/07/20.
5) Train no. 09039 Bandra Terminus-Muzaffarpur Express Special from Bandra Terminus will now be diverted through Gorakhpur-Chhapra-Hajipur-Muzaffarpur instead of through Gorakhpur-Narkatiaganj-Sugauli-Muzaffarpur on 25/07/2020.
6) Train no. 09040 Muzaffarpur-Bandra Terminus Express Special journey commencing on 26/07/2020 from Muzaffarpur will now be diverted via Muzaffarpur-Hajipur-Chhapra-Gorakhpur instead of via Muzaffarpur-Sugauli-Narkatiaganj-Gorakhpur.
The senior DRM of the division has also confirmed the diversion by tweeting the information:
— Srdcmspj (@srdcmspj) July 25, 2020
As per Bihar’s disaster management department, the floods in the state have affected nearly 1 million people in 10 districts so far.