The fourth phase of India’s lockdown is set to end on May 31. While this last phase saw considerable relaxations, the positive cases of coronavirus have only increased.
Currently, India has more than 1.5 lakh confirmed cases of coronavirus and the death toll is at 4337.
Experts are saying that while the lockdown helped in slowing down the spread of coronavirus, it has not helped in flattening the curve.
Here are some updates from around the country:
- Health Ministry confirmed that Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Chattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh have seen a surge in cases after the lockdown was eased and inter-state migration was allowed.
- Madhya Pradesh COVID-19 cases have touched 7000.
- Uttarakhand, earlier had very few cases of coronavirus, is now experiencing a steady rise. The state tally as of yesterday was 400.
- Nagaland has registered its first case of coronavirus.
- 60000+ people have recovered from coronavirus.
- Maharashtra is the only state in India to record over 50,000 coronavirus cases.
- The doubling rate of COVID-19 cases in India is over 13 days.
Leisure trips are not advisable at the moment. However, if you wish to travel urgently, we can help you!
The number of coronavirus cases is likely to keep increasing in the coming days, as India has ramped up it’s testing. According to the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), over 32 lakh samples have been tested so far, and more than 1.10 lakhs in the past 24 hours alone.
Clearly, the battle against coronavirus is far from over. With more ease on relaxations, normalcy is bound to restore. As we get ready to step out and move on with our lives, it is important, now more than ever, to follow all the precautions for our own safety.
Also read: 5 Precautions We Must Continue To Take