As part of preparing for the post lockdown period, the Central government has issued new guidelines for the use of public transport.
While sharing the new guidelines, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said, ‘The new regulations will help in creating a new standard to live in a healthy and scientific way. These will eventually become good health norms.’
The guidelines have been created by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Central Road Research Institute (CRRI).
- There will be painted markings at bus stops and footpaths to maintain social distancing.
- Increased stoppage time for commuters to board and deboard public transport.
- The government will cap the number of passengers inside a bus or metro coaches.
- Separate lane for buses.
- On escalators, especially at metro stations, there will be a gap of at least 5 steps between 2 people.
- Staggered office timings to avoid the crowd in public transports.
Latest Corona Update:
46,433 – Confirmed
12,727 – Recovered
1,568 – Deaths