Marking the beginning of the Islamic New Year, Muharram is one of the most important festivals celebrated by Muslims across the globe.
Did you know? It is the second holiest month of the year after Ramadan.
When is the festival? : 10th September 2019
Here are the top 5 facts about Muharram:
1) After Ramadan, fasting in the auspicious month of Muharram is considered to be the most rewardable.
2) As the first month of the Islamic year is known as Muharram, it is calculated as per the lunar cycle and so it differs from the Gregorian calendar.
3) The Islamic calendar has 12 months but only 354 days.
Planning a holiday?
4) The festival is usually celebrated with low-key religious events and special prayer meetings in mosques.
5) Some of the people from the muslim community fast during daylight hours on the 9th and 10th or 10th and 11th day of the month.
Till we meet again, happy travels! #okbye 🙂