Today, the total number of Coronavirus cases has crossed the 1 lakh-mark in India. With more people getting positive results for the COVID test, the death toll has reached 3,163.
The worst-hit states include –
- Maharashtra – 35,058 cases and 1,249 deaths
- Tamil Nadu – 11,760 cases and 81 deaths
- Gujarat – 11,745 cases and 694 deaths
- Delhi – 10,054 cases and 168 deaths
- Rajasthan – 5,507 cases and 138 deaths
According to the Union Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan, “India has successfully managed to delay the peaking of the curve by imposing lockdown and other public health measures in a timely manner.”
India has been under lockdown since March 25, which has further been extended till the end of this month i.e., 31st May.