The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has shared new guidelines for Unlock 1. This new phase will focus on the gradual reopening of all activities outside of containment zones.
These guidelines will come into effect from June 1 and are not applicable for containment zones. The district authorities will demarcate the containment zones based on the guidelines shared by MHA.
List of what is open in Unlock 1 and from when:
Planning to travel? Please follow all precautions!Search Flights
- Religious places, places of worship for the public will open from June 8.
- Hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, and other hospitality services will begin from June 8. The government, along with other stakeholders, will issue guidelines to ensure social distancing is strictly enforced.
- Schools, colleges, education institutions will open after assessment and discussions with different states and union territories. Based on the feedback, a decision on this regard will be made in July.
- Dates for resuming international air travel, metro services, reopening of gyms, cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks will be decided after assessing the situation.
- Any social, political, cultural, sports, religious functions and other large functions will restart only upon reevaluating the situation.
Movement of persons and goods is now unrestricted
- There will be no restriction on the inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods. No separate e-pass will be required for this. However, the final decision will be made by the states/UTs based on their analysis of the situation.
- Movement of individuals across the country is now strictly prohibited between 9 pm to 5 am except for essential activities.
- Movement of passenger trains, Shramik trains, domestic flights, special flights for stranded Indian nationals will be regulated as per the issued SOPs.
- Persons above the age of 65, those suffering from comorbidities, pregnant women, children below the age of 10 are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health services.