Ah yes, they say sharing is caring and some really big words when you’re about to get hitched. And even though I agree that some of the best sunsets are the ones that are shared, there’s nothing like a final round of freedom. Right before you are to get married. Go alone or take your best friend along, don’t forget to pay an ode to your last, glorious days of singledom and try these out – the 20 must trips, or things to do on a trip before you get married.
Set a new example of gluttony as you dig into a fondue at Switzerland, become the coolest one on the block with a perfect selfie taken at Trolltunga or go as hippie as you can in India. Enjoy solitude; don’t share even if you do care!
1) Visit Trolltunga or the Devil’s Tongue, Norway, swing your legs over the edge and laugh away to glory
2) Have a cup of coffee at Drop Coffee Roasters, Stockholm. Don’t share.
3) Roam around Holland‘s tulip stretches on a bicycle!
4) Get a Sak Yant (blessed) Tattoo from one the healer monks at Cambodia!
5) Visit Rishikesh, India, learn yoga, go hippie for months!
6) Spends night watching countless stars & the Milky Way at Kalpa, India, or somewhere high in the Himalayas!
7) Go volunteering at Mongolia or any third world country and travel to make a difference.
8) Take a bike, explore Grand Canyon‘s South Rim.
Photo by Grand Canyon NPS
9) Climb up the Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Bhutan. A bird’s eye view might make you understand why this country measures its progress in happiness rather than capital.
10) Visit Camembert in France and taste world’s best cheeses!
12) Spend a week or months poring over all those books at the New York Public Library, New York
13) Tumble down the Devil’s Pool at Zambia. At your discretion.
14) Go for a photo op at the Salar de Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia. Marvel at the mirror-like reflections.
15) Go on a Dracula Tour at Transylvania!
16) Watch the Winter Line at Switzerland or Landour in India. The only places in the world, where you can witness that.
Photo Courtesy – paulhami
17) Taste Sacher Torte at its birthplace, at Cafe Sacher, Vienna!
18) Look out for polar bears at Spitsbergen, Norway!
19) Walk up and down the Piano Staircase at Chile and pretend you’re making world’s best music!
20) Grab a pizza from the place that supposedly doled out world’s first pizza, from L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Naples!
If you’ve read all the 20 and are still raring to go, here are two extra ones for a bonus read for you!
21) Have a rendezvous with the gigantic Asiatic lions at the Gir National Park, Gujarat
22) Dig into one of the most delicious fondues of Switzerland at Le Chalet, Gruyères!
If, by chance or luck or love, you are already married, stow this list away from your spouse; make a secret travel plan, be pretentious and laugh your way around the world. And if you love it, do not disclose my name to your spouse. Ever.
If you know of something equally fabulous and wish to see it here, write down a comment below.
Till then, happy travelling.
About the author