The Gatiman Express, India’s fastest train is all set to open a new chapter in the history of Indian Railways on 5 April. The new train will leave Nizamuddin Railway Station at 8:10 AM and reach Agra Cantt at around 9:50 AM, taking approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes to cover the entire journey. The inaugural run of Gatiman Express will be launched on Tuesday by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
Here’s what you should know about Gatiman Express
- Just like planes, all passengers of Gatiman Express will be escorted to their seats by train hostesses.
- The coaches feature hotspot devices so passengers can have access to multimedia services directly on their laptops, smartphones and tablets, that too absolutely free!
- The fastest train is going to run six days a week, except on Fridays (since Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays).
- The fare of the train will be more than that of Shatabdi Express–for Executive Class Rs. 1,365 and for chair car Rs. 690.
- 200 km in 100 minutes..No kidding! The train will run at a maximum speed of 160 km/hr.
- 12 AC coaches, an automatic fire alarm, sliding doors, a high-power emergency braking system and GPS-based passenger information system–the train will have it all.
To search and book train tickets please visit the ixigo trains app