AAP’s odd-even rule is all set for its second innings. The odd-even rule will start from April 15 and last till April 30 (15 days). Same as before, the scheme will allow vehicles with odd and even number to run on alternate days. If not pollution, the rule definitely had some impact on traffic. As per the rule, all odd cars would be eligible to run on April 15 and even on April 16, and so on.
The odd-even scheme was initially implemented in Beijing in 2008. The rule turned out to be operationally successful and was made permanent by the government. Destinations like Bogota, Mexico and Paris also follow similar road-rationing rules to control pollution and jams.
All about the ‘Odd-Even Rule’ in its second phase:
- If you violate the odd-even rule, you will have to pay a fine of Rs. 2,000 in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 194 of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Just like before, women and children in school uniform would be exempted from the odd-even rule in this phase too.
- The rule is applicable for private-owned four wheelers only and ambulances, PCR vans, fire tenders and public transport such as taxis, CNG-driven buses and auto-rickshaws, all would be exempted from this rule
- The rule will be applicable from Monday to Saturday, between 8 AM to 8 PM, which means on Sundays, all vehicles can run.
- It’s important to learn that the odd-even rule would decide which license plate car you would be able to drive on a particular date.
- As promised by the Delhi Government, more buses would be run on the roads, ensuring everyday commuters have a smooth and hassle-free experience. Moreover, the frequency of Delhi Metro too would increase during this period.
Don’t let the odd-even rule take a toll on you. Just book a cab with ixigo and enjoy a hassle-free ride to your destination. This one-stop cab booking app will allow you to compare fares across various online cab operators (Ola, Mega Cabs, Uber, TaxiForSure etc.) and bag the best deal possible. Get the cheapest cab in no time!
Also, get Rs. 100 off on your first Ola ride.
Use Code: OLAGO100Book Your Cab