In the wake of Coronavirus outbreak, India is ready to go on a halt as railway, metro and interstate bus services are suspended until March 31.
The lockdown was announced after India observed a Janta Curfew on March 22.
It was a 14-hour-long curfew announced by Prime Minister Modi. He called it first step in the long battle against coronavirus.
All you need to know about the Coronavirus Lockdown:
For all essential travel, book with us!Search Flights
- All passenger train services are suspended till March 31
- To continue the supply of essential products, railways is keeping the goods trains operational.
- Metro services in various cities and interstate buses are halted.
- The suburban trains will run only till March 23, and then suspend their services until March 31.
- 75 cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Bengaluru are on a complete lockdown till March 31.
- Al international commercial flights are banned until the month-end.
- Delhi has announced a complete lockdown. Only 25% of its DTC buses are running to aid people in essential services.
- Several states have announced similar lockdowns including Punjab, Rajasthan, Arunachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Bihar, Uttarakhand among others.
- West Bengal has also opted for a partial lockdown.
- Centre has requested state governments to enforce lockdown strictly. Legal action will be taken against violators.
We request our readers to stay at home and stay safe.