The government has issued new guidelines that will be implemented across the country. PM Modi had mentioned in his address that some relaxations will be permitted after April 20 in non-hotspot areas.
Below are some of the essential points from the newly issued guidelines by the centre:
- Agricultural and related activities will resume fully to generate jobs for daily wage workers.
- Industries running in rural areas will be allowed to run with strict social distancing norms.
- The inter-state transport of goods, both essential and non-essential, will be allowed.
- Highway dhabas, manufacturing units of pharmaceuticals and medical equipment, vehicle repair shops can reopen from April 20.
- Industries operating in rural areas such as food processing, construction, irrigation projects, among others are all allowed.
- Manufacturing of IT hardware and essential goods packaging can resume from April 20.
- Coal, mineral and oil production will be allowed.
- RBI, banks, ATMs, capital and debt markets and insurance companies will also remain functional.
- The supply of milk, milk products, poultry, livestock farming, tea, coffee and rubber plantations will resume.
- E-commerce, IT and IT-enabled services, data and call centres for government activities will be permitted.
- Essential offices of Central and State Governments, as well as local bodies, will remain open with the required strength.
- All air, train and road travel, educational institutions, hotels, cinema halls, shopping complexes will remain closed.
- Social, political and other events, religious centres and gatherings will not be allowed.