The Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu seems to be on an announcement spree these days. After the launch of India’s first semi-luxury train, Tiger express and several other spot-on responses through social media– he has become our favourite. He’s perhaps the most amazing Railway Minister we’ve ever seen.
Presenting these new set of rules to comfort frequent train travellers, the Indian Railways has left no stone unturned in bringing the best for its customers. Travellers were anyway able to get 50% refund on their tatkal bookings, but from now on, they can also get 50% refund after cancelling *Suvidha* train tickets.
All the below-mentioned rules will be effective from the 1st of July.
- Passengers will get 50% refunds on the cancellation of tatkal tickets.
- There’s a slight change in the booking patterns as well. From July 1, the tatkal window for AC coach will be open between 10 am to 11 am and for sleeper coach the timing will be from 11 am to 12 pm.
- The most suspicious element of the system, waiting list, is also coming to an end. All the tickets will be issued only for confirmed and *RAC* passengers accommodation. The provisions for waiting list will no longer be functional.
- All these passengers will get an option for booking in Suvidha trains instead.
- One will also see an increased number of coaches in “Rajdhani” and “Shatabdi”.
- “Rajdhani” and “Shatabdi” will now promote paperless travel, allowing only mobile tickets on the train.
- IRCTC will introduce booking in several Indian languages.
- Premium trains will no longer exist.
- There will be 50% refund after the cancellation of “Suvidha” train tickets.
- Passengers will now be able to avail the “wake up call” facility.
Way to go Indian Railways. We love you.