To contain the further spread of coronavirus, India has decided to extend the nationwide lockdown until May 31.
However, the government has announced the new guidelines that permit the restart of economic activity.
Here are the important points:
- Inter-state movement of vehicles, buses will be allowed by consent between states.
- Air travel, metro rail services to remain suspended in Lockdown 4.0.
- States will decide red, orange, green, yellow zones.
- The government has advised that people above the age of 65, pregnant women and children below 10 should not go outdoors at all.
- All educational institutions will remain closed.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment parks, sports complexes and similar places will remain closed.
- All social, political and religious places will remain closed. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- Restaurants will remain shut but can provide home delivery.
- All hotels and hospitality establishments will stay closed except for those meant for healthcare workers, stranded persons and quarantine facilities.
- In the containment zone, only essential activities will be allowed.
- The movement of individuals will only happen between 7 am to 7 pm, except for essential services.
- District authorities may advise individuals to download the Aarogya Setu app for their health and safety.