Air India is all set to impose a ban on 1st use plastic products like bags, cups and straws from 2nd October 2019. For the first phase, the ban will be implemented on all flights of Air India Express and Alliance air flights. For the second phase, it will be implemented in Air India flights.
Here is the action plan:
1. Currently, Air India provides 200 ml water bottles which will now be replaced with 1500 ml water bottles on all routes except for DEL-CJB-SIN & DEL-IXM-SIN v/v flights.
2. For DEL-CJB-SIN & DEL-IXM-SIN v/v flights, Air India will provide potable water available on the aircraft.
3. Banana chips and sandwiches which are presently packed in plastic pouches will now be served in butter paper pouches.
4. The cake slices in snacks box will be replaced by muffins to avoid the present plastic wrapping.
5. Special means ordered and paid by passengers in advance will now be served in eco-friendly Birchwood cutlery in place of plastic cutlery.
6. The meal cutlery for the crew will be replaced by lightweight steel cutlery.
7. Plastic tumblers and teacups will be replaced by sturdy paper cups.
Planning a trip for the upcoming long weekend? Book with us:Search Flights
For the implementation, all concerned departments like catering, in-flight services, stations/airports are being instructed accordingly.