- URL: http://www.anannyadebnath.com/
- Interest Area: Traveling, Social Entrepreneurship and sharing things with public at large.
- Belongs To: Hometown is Delhi but moved to Mumbai 5 years back.
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Gujarat, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Chehel, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Delhi and U.P.
From thinking out aloud about ideologies to talking about more mundane issues to capturing the magic of the world out there, Anannya Debnath is more than just a content specialist, entrepreneur and wannabe traveller she professes to be. An out and out poet, Anannya exemplifies passionate travelling to the hilt and not just loves clicking photographs on her trips, but also sharing the world’s beauty with all at large.
- URL: http://imakemytrip.blogspot.com – http://just4suzan.blogspot.com
- Interest Area: Nature/Wildlife, Mountains, Coastal places, Historical Places/Monuments, Backpacking, Travelling on two-Wheeler, Trekking, Budget travelling.
- Belong To: Hometown is Bardhaman (West Bengal) but always on his caravan.
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Most of the parts of West Bengal and Nepal. Also travelled to different places of Orissa, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Anunoy enjoys creative writing and loves photography. He has gradually discovered that travelling cum travel-writing is the best way to blend those two different elements of art. Despite being attached to a profession that doesn’t quite match with the liberty of travelling, he always manages to steal time to keep up with his travel-mantra by Mark Twain, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- URL: http://www.indianbackpacker.com
- Interest Area: Backpacking and adventure travel across India
- Belong To: New Delhi, India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: All of Utthrakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and parts of MP, Maharashtra and Goa
Akshay is an avid Backpacker and runs Indian Backpacker http://www.indianbackpacker.com, the first Indian website to promote backpacking in India providing relevant information to both Indians as well as foreign nationals. The articles and photo tours on the website are contributed by backpackers who have a genuine first hand experience of those place.
Akshay is a passionate photographer as well and loves to click pictures on his backpacking trips.
- URL: http://www.ankionthemove.com/
- Interest Area: Adventure, Off beat travel, Budget travel, Nature
- Belong To: Bangalore, India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Travelled almost everywhere in India excluding Lakshwadeep and Manipur,Mizoram circui. She knows more in detail about the this places: Ladakh, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Maldives, Bhutan, Kashmir, Sikkim, Kerala and Andamans.
Ankita is a travel adventure blogger at http://www.ankionthemove.com/. She regularly explore international and domestic travel destinations and bring her experiences to aspiring travelers and a large community of travel and adventure enthusiasts. Also, she is currently working on online management/marketing of Skydiving operations. Ankita has been featured on Outook Traveller and Fox Traveller as well apart from many other renowned publications. She has also hosted Bangalore and Delhi Traveler’s Meet.
- URL: http://www.arnabmaity.com
- Interest Area: Travel, Photography, History, Culture, Art
- Belong To: India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, West Bengal, Assam, Gujarat, Goa, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh. International- Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong.
Arnab is a travel writer and photographer. Creating new trails and following unknown paths satisfies the traveler in him. He is also an avid history and culture enthusiast looking for stories and structures lost with time.
Avanish Kumar Maurya
- URL: http://www.solobackpacker.com
- Interest Area: The Himalayas specially Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, South East Asia, Egypt, Backpacking Tips, Motor Cycling and Visa Information.
- Belong To: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Cambodia, Thailand ( particularly Bangkok ), Hong Kong, Macau, India ( Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh ( Hyderabad, Sri Sailam), Karnataka (Aihole, Badami, Hampi, Pattadakal), Maharashtra (Ajanta, Ellora, Mumbai), Egypt.
Avanish is a travel blogger, he write about his travel experiences, memorable moments and other useful information about the destinations, transports, visas etc., on his blog. He has a keen interest in backpacking, trekking, bike-riding and photography. Besides travelling and blogging on the road, he works as an Air Traffic Controller at IGI Airport, New Delhi. Avanish lives in Delhi with his wife, Nidhi, who continuously supports him, keeping herself in the background.
- URL: http://ayushghai.blogspot.in/
- Interest Area: Ecological conservation, Organic farming, Trekking, Chess, Guitar, Music, Startups, Theatre, films & technology.
- Belongs To: Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Dharamshala.
Having graduated from IIT Kanpur with a degree in Computer Science, Ayush worked with Oracle and ixigo before co-founding Mindgrep in Gurgaon and later moving it to a village called Rakkar in Dharamshala. Ayush is also part of different initiatives in Dharamshala in varying capacity, like Dharamshala International Film Festival http://diff.co.in/, Garbage management, Tedx Dharamshala, Ghoomakad homestays, etc..
- URL: http://facebook.com/sekharclicks – http://facebook.com/csekhars
- Interest Area: Documentary Photography, Travel, Trekking, Photo shows, Photo walks.
- Belong To: Hyderabad, India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Leh Ladakh, Himachal, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Kerala, Andaman, Arunachal Pradesh.
Chandrasekhar works for NABARD and is based out of Hyderabad. He is also the co-founder at Ignite Hyderabad (http://www.facebook.com/Ignitehyd) and a curator at Hyderabad Weekend Shoots (an online Photo sharing community on Flickr.com- http://www.flickr.com/groups/hyderabadweekendshoots/).Team HWS is well known across the country as one of the most active photowalking community with more than 35000 creative images in our group pool, and more than 100 photowalks, 30 workshops till date. They mainly conducts photowalks, workshops, social initiatives and spreading happiness with a common interest of Photography. Chandrasekhar has been clicking images for the past 23 years and his subjects of interest are mainly People, travel, streets, monuments, kids, people, fairs, festivals, traditions, Himalayas to name a few.
Very recently few of his works have made a mark at some of the top photo competitions. Chandrasekhar was the winner at the National Geographic Channel (I) Moment Awards 2012 and his picture has won the award crossing more than 2 lakh images. Few of his other pictures made good reviews and recognition at the Nokia Pureview Contest 2012.
For the year 2013 he is planning to come up with a collection of images and do an International Exhibition on any of the above subjects. Also he is pursuing his idea of coming up with a coffee table book by 2014.
- URL: http://devilonwheels.com
- Interest Area: Adventure, Off beat travel, Budget travel, Nature
- Belong To: New Delhi
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Dheeraj’s main focus areas are Ladakh, Spiti, Lahaul and other Parts of Himachal. He would like to expand as time passes by but more or less it will be restricted to Himalayas.
An avid Traveler, a rookie shutterbug with a strong passion towards driving whilst exploring new places & sharing those experiences with the fellow Travelers.
- URL: www.harshsnehanshu.blogspot.com
- Interest Area: Off-beat places. Travelled all across India – each and every state. Like history, politics and religions.
- Belong To: Hail from Patna. Lives in New Delhi.
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Manali, Patna, Kolkata, New Delhi, Hampi, Bhubaneshwar, Konark, Goa, Mumbai.
Harsh Snehanshu, 23, is a full-time writer. He has been solo travelling all across India for the past one year, working on his fifth book, ‘Route to Roots – A Youngster’s Guide to Travelling India Solo’. You can check his books here: www.bit.ly/HarshBooks
- URL: http://www.krishnakranthi.com/Traveler.html
- Interest Area: Writing, startup ideas, travelling, public speaking.
- Belong To: Hyderabad, India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Hyderabad, Mumbai, Seattle, Delhi, Noida, Manali, Rishikesh, Agra, Paris, Zurich, Rome, Pisa, Venice, Berlin, Munich, New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls, Stuttgart, Oregon, New Jersey, Mangalore, Vizag and many more.
Krishna is a management professional currently working in Hyderabad, India. He has pursued his studies from CBIT, Hyderabad. And then went onto work with corporate giants such as Infosys and Amazon before pursuing his MBA from SPJIMR, Mumbai.Due to his multitude areas of interests, he played the roles of Entrepreneur, Business Manager, Movie Marketing Manager, Toastmaster, and Traveler over the last few years. He describe himself in simple terms as “Eccentric, Honest, Optimist and Passionate.
Krishna Srivastva Nimmaraju
- URL: www.mytraveltales.in
- Interest Area: Nature, Photography
- Belong To: Andhra Pradesh
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: AndhraPradesh, Karnataka, Kerala (most of the places in South India).
Krishna Srivatsa works for Amazon.com. He is a travel freak, have a lot of passion towards traveling and love to travel almost all the time. Traveling, Adventure sports, blogging, photography, trekking became part of his life from the past few years and he really enjoy doing these things.
- Interest Area: Issues related to environmental factors which affect the health of the individual specially the marginalized population, traveling to remote areas where there are no human settlements around, trekking, basketball, farming & reading whatever comes in hand
- Belongs To: Pune, Maharashtra
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Isolated & remote areas of Himalayan states; Ladakh, Lahaul, Spiti, Chamoli, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh. Places in England & Scotland and Maharashtra.
- URL: http://travel.bhushavali.com
- Interest Area: I am a wanderlust. I love to travel, and I hate crowds. So by default, I venture to places where many don’t venture. I find new places which are roads less traveled. I love riding my bike and I enjoy the journey itself, as much as the destination.
My area of interest in travel lies in everything, but esp, in Eco-tour and Heritage. And a compilation of all this, is My Travelogue.
- Belong To: Madras aka Chennai!
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Almost whole on Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Thane, New Delhi, and a bit about Trivandrum, Kozhikode, Hyderabad, Chittoor, Bangalore, Mysore.
A Fashion & Textile designer by profession who makes unique, one-of-a-kind, eco-friendly garments. Bhushvali specialize in apparel & accessories esp. made of Khadi, Handloom, Natural dyed fabrics at http://www.bhushavali.com. On the other side, she is an ardent traveller by passion. She blogs about both the love of her life, fashion & travel in 2 different blogs – Fashion Panache (http://fashion.bhushavali.com/) and her Travelogue (http://travel.bhushavali.com/).
- Interest Area: Travel, Books
, History, Philosophy, Art
- Belongs To: A true Banglorean by heart though connected with different places over a period of time. Currently based out of Gurgaon.
- Destinations Traveled to: Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Ladakh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Meghalaya (Shillong), Goa, United Kingdom (London, Oxford, Lake District, Birmingham), Germany (Berlin).
Travel is her Passion – Period! Neha travels for an opportunity to glimpse not only different topography but also for different ways of life. An engineering graduate with masters in international tourism marketing, she is a destination manager by profession with a well known global online ‘Activity Provider’. She enjoys to research on a destination looking for ways to understand a destination beyond a collection of tourist sites and discover both the ‘told & untold’!!
Prasad is a technology, travel & food enthusiast from Mumbai. He loves planning his own vacation on tight budgets. He has been fortunate to visit a jillion places (see http://bit.ly/pg-places-13). He prefers walking over driving (at least in Mumbai). In his free-time, he blogs, codes & watches movies. Prefers reading blogs & articles over books. Has learned Salsa, practiced Yoga, and can’t wait to try photography. As a product manager, he has a passion for creating easy to use apps that solve day-to-day problems. He is a Mechanical engineer with a MS in Software from BITS, Pilani.
- URL: http://travel.priyankawriting.com/
- Interest Area: Solo Travel, Backpacking, Offbeat, Budget, Culture, People, City/Town planning, Tibetan
- Belong To: Mumbai, India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and pockets of Kerala, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir, Sikkim, Gadhwal Himalayas, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai & Bahrain.
Priyanka is a digital nomad, most of her travel planning is done so that she can spend at least a few hours working daily. So her trips are usually long and quite relaxed. Work is social media marketing. She travel solo. She loves being on my own and on the road. She likes meeting new people, seeing new places, the choices and exposure to the world that solo travel brings.
- URL: http://traveldiaryparnashree.blogspot.in/
- Interest Area: Traveling, Photo Editing, and Photography.
- Belong To: Delhi, India
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Uttarakahnd, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan.
Being a Photo editor by profession, Parnashree has already travelled the world visually. But when it comes to actual travelling, she always manages time to explore the unexplored on this Earth. A complete travel enthusiast, Parnashree loves to travel to hills in any given time. It’s only her passion for travelling makes her pen down series of travel stories in her blog “My Travel Diary”. Not only that, an English daily newspaper from North East called “Seven Sister’s Post “, India published two of her Travel Articles in “PostScript’s time out” edition. According to Parnashree, travelling is not only to visit new destinations every time in remote corner of India, but it’s much more beyond that. According to her, travelling helps her understand life better. Most importantly, travelling to many different places teaches us how to live a life, how to value life and surely how to celebrate life.
- URL: http://www.shadowsgalore.com
- Interest Area: Travel, Photography, and Blogging.
- Belong To: Pune / Patna
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Pondicherry, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Thailand.
Traveler, Photographer, Blogger.. that pretty much sums him up. An Engineer and MBA. Working as a Project Manager in the IT division of a US based bank.
- URL: www.sanjayausta.com
- Interest Area: Photography, History, Travel, Religion, Art and Culture.
- Belong To: Himachal Pradesh
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: All over India except Gujrat, Bihar and Orissa.
Sanjay Austa is photojournalist based in New Delhi. He started his career as a journalist and the switch to photography was gradual. His photographs and his choice of subjects however reflect his journalistic pedigree. His first assignment took him on an adventurous two-month expedition to Kanchenjunga, where he documented the Indian Army’s climb to the summit.Since then he has photographed myriad subjects in diverse geographical climes including the Wild in the African Savannas, the Life in the Arctic, the Deserts in the Middle East and lives of ordinary Americans all across the United States. He has a penchant for human-interest issues for which he travels extensively in India and abroad.His photo-essays are published regularly in the Indian and the International Media including the Wall Street Journal, National Geographic Traveller, The Sunday Guardian, Departures, Centurion, Mint-WSJ, and Outlook Traveller etc. His photo-feature on the 1984 anti-Sikh Delhi riots was exhibited in California and UK by various human rights groups in 2009 and 2010 respectively.More recently he has done four picture books on World Heritage Monuments for Penguin Books. He is a guest faculty at various photography and journalism institutes including the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi, St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, NADT Nagpur and various Delhi University Colleges. Besides lectures he also does travelogues and writes on social, cultural and contemporary Photography issues for the media. He was awarded the Karamveer Puraskar Award in 2010 for his photo-essays on social and cultural issues.
- URL: http://www.shalusharma.com
- Interest Area: Bihar, women’s issues and travel safety.
- Belong To: Bihar
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Bihar (Buddhist tourists from Japan and other Far East countries are visiting Bihar). Apart from numerous places in India, have visited Canada, Great Britain, Israel, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, France, Turkey and Spain.
Shalu Sharma is a blogger, writer, social media analyst and a travel enthusiast from Bihar. She is the founder of YouBihar, the social networking site on Bihar. When she’s not blogging or writing then she’s reading travel blogs. In her personal life, she’s married with children. Apart from the usual family life, she finds time to watch Bollywood movies, listens to Hindi music and takes keen interest in the political affairs of India.
- Interest Area: Riding, Touring, Reading, Movies, TV-Shows, Photography, Food.
- Belongs To: Delhi
While others are struggling to strike a perfect work-life balance, Shashank took his passion, led others by their nose and stomach to it and created one of the biggest platforms for foodies that is out there. Food connoisseur, Innovator, Entrepreneur and creator of Eatlo and FED, Shashank today has brought together over 23,000 food aficionados from across India who essentially talk, walk, sleep and yes, eat food. If you want to eat the best iddiyappams in Delhi or suddenly have a hankering for authentic sev puri in Mumbai, then Eatlo is your go-to platform.
- URL: www.getsetandgo.wordpress.com
- Interest Area: Adventure, Off beat travel, Budget travel, Nature
- Belong To: Mumbai and Delhi
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: India – Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Maharashtra, Punjab, Mumbai and Delhi. Asia – Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Cambodia.
Snigdha is based out of Mumbai, India. She loves to talk, eat, cook, read, write, make crafty’ things, hang out with friends, bake, but the thing that really keeps her going is Traveling….Her travel philosophy is – Always travel budget (and it’s pretty comfortable and not at all an inconvenience) she believe that there is no place that cannot be visited because it’s too expensive. Additionally, traveling on Budget also means that within the same amount of money you can travel to many more places…while she loves the actual travel but more than that, she loves planning for it or rather she is obsessed with travel planning. She can plan, read articles on the internet and go over the details of a trip ”n” number of times and at any time during the day or night… “I am sure there will be no doubts when I say that travel guides and travel related books are my favorites… I also believe that with this, I travel to any place twice – once when I am researching about the place and the second time when I actually visit the place”, she says. Apart from India, she has been to 11 other countries and target to visit at least 2 new countries and 2 new places within India each year. Her love for travel started with Spain and since then she has been to quite a few places in Asia, Europe and now Middle East. The rest of the continents are also on her radar.
- URL: http://www.thegreenerpastures.com/
- Interest Area: Northeast Indian.
- Belong To: Dibrugarh, Assam
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram.
Vaivhav comes from the land of the Assam Tea. Currently, he is engaged with promoting responsible tourism in Northeast India.
Venkat Ganesh Gudipaty
- URL: http://www.indiabackpackmotorbike.com
- Interest Area: Travelling, Trekking, Reading, Blogging, Photography History, Nature, Wildlife
- Belong To: Mumbai
- Destinations Travelled and well versed with: Mumbai, Greater Rann of Kutch, Ladakh, Zanskar Gokarna, Badami-Pattadakal-Aihole, Belur-Halebeedu, Western Ghats in Maharashtra
For Venkat travelling as a passion developed over the years and at a certain point in time it became so important that he decided to quit his job and pursue travel as much as possible. So since Jan 2011 that’s what he has been doing as much as possible. As much as possible he tries to travel by his motorbike a Honda Unicorn 150 cc that he has christened as ‘Beauty in Red’. A machine that has been constant companion in his travel across India. He is also a CELTA graduate and hope to pursue to teaching ( another interest area) assignments in future that will help him travel all the more.