Once again, Rajasthan’s Pushkar Fair is all set to enthrall travellers with its colourful folk regality and we can’t contain our excitement! Afterall, where else will you find thousands of camels decorated with colourful folk clothing, competitions like ‘longest moustache’ and dreamy hot-air balloon rides?
Originally held to trade regional livestock, the fair now has also become a major tourist attraction, with the livestock trading surpassed by a host of cultural activities.
Dates of the Festival and How to Reach:
This year, the festival is taking place from November 4-12, 2019. The nearest airport to Pushkar is the Jaipur International Airport, about 140 km away. Ajmer is the nearest railway station, located 14 km from Pushkar. From here, buses and taxis are easily available to reach Pushkar.
Planning to attend this festival? Book with us:Book Flights
Taking place on the banks of Lake Pushkar, the festival hosts a number of unique activities, including a beauty contest for camels! Here are our TOP five must-do activities for travellers:
1. Travellers must witness traditional performances by puppeteers, acrobats, tightrope walkers, and performers from the Nath community.
2. Indulge your taste buds with Rajasthani delicacies like camel cheese and cheesecakes made of camel milk.
3. Take a walk along the beautiful, candle-lit Pushkar Lake.
4. Travellers shouldn’t miss the ‘maha aarti’ ceremony followed by bhajans and classical music performances.
5. Shop for locally-made traditional handicrafts, jewellery, household items and festive decorations.
So what are you waiting for? Head to this colourful, traditional celebration of culture and have a scintillating experience!