Rejoice, passengers because Singapore has finally resumed daily flights from India for the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) programme.
Travel on your mind? Book here:Search flights
Under this programme, Singapore allows quarantine-free entry from some countries to fully vaccinated travellers via air.
Amid the Omicron scare in December last year, Singapore had frozen the sale of flight tickets till 20th January, 2022, from India. However, recently the country has resumed VTL flights for the Indian travellers.
These flights are operating from Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai.
The following travellers are eligible for VTL (Air) programme:
1. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents (SC/PRs)
2. Holders of a Singapore-issued Long-Term Pass (LTPHs i.e. Holders of Work Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower, Student’s Pass issued by the Ministry of Education, or Long-Term Visit Pass issued by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority)
3. Short-term Visitors (STVs i.e. travellers who are not SC/PRs or LTPHs)
However, even these travellers will only be allowed in the country if they fulfil this checklist.
The following measures are applicable on the VTL passengers entering Singapore from 23rd January:
1. All travellers will only be required to undergo daily unsupervised self-administered ARTs (Antigen Rapid Test) from Day 2 to Day 7 of their arrival if they need to leave their place of accommodation.
This is in addition to fulfilling pre-departure and on-arrival testing requirements, which include a pre-departure PCR/Antigen test taken within two days of departure and an on-arrival PCR test.
2. Those who test positive on the unsupervised self-administered ARTs no longer need to undergo a confirmatory PCR test but should instead abide by the relevant COVID-19 recovery protocol.
3. Fully vaccinated recovered travellers may qualify for exemption from COVID-19 tests. Please refer to this page for more information.
See the tweet here:
— Backpacking Daku (@outofofficedaku) January 27, 2022
Tap here to know about the eligibility criteria, requirements and process to travel to Singapore under the Vaccinated Travel Lane programme.
Stay tuned to ixigo for all the travel-related information.