One of the most celebrated events in the city of Agra, Taj Mahotsav is a 10-day-long display of art, culture, craft, dance, music and much more!
Organized by the Department of Tourism, Government of India, this festival is dedicated to the promotion of the country’s artistic brilliance and cultural diversity.
Date and Venue: 18th – 27th February 2020 at Shilpgram, Agra
How to Reach:
Nearest Airport: Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport, Agra (9.3 km from the city center)
Nearest Railway Station: Agra Cantt Railway Station (3.5 km from the city center)
Planning a Trip?
1. This mega event kicks off with a spectacular procession that includes colorfully decorated elephants, folk artists, musicians and master craftsmen.
2. One can witness a wide variety of crafts being displayed as more than 400 skilful artisans from different parts of India showcase their talent on this occasion.
3. Taj Mahotsav provides a major platform to the local art, culture and craft. Travellers can find brass and metal wares of Moradabad, handmade carpets of Bhadohi, blue pottery of Khurja, Chikenkari of Lucknow, wood carvings of Saharanpur, shawls and carpets from Kashmir, bamboo/cane work from North East India and much more.
4. Folk dance performances immerse one and all with their hypnotic charm and aura.
5. It’s also THE perfect place to taste the different flavours of India. Delicacies from every part of the country are laid out at stalls for travellers to relish and enjoy!
Are you ready to dive deep into this cultural extravaganza in the city of the Taj Mahal? Don’t delay and book your tickets to Agra now!