Not sure about what documents you need to carry for your upcoming Air India domestic flight? We are here to help!
Below are the documents required for domestic travel in Air India:
- A hard or soft copy of your e-ticket.
- An ID card (Passport, Voter Photo Identity card issued by Election Commission of India, Aadhaar or m-Aadhaar issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department, Driving Licence issued by RTO, Service Photo Identity Card issued by Central / State Government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies, Student Photo Identity Cards issued by Government Institutions/ Government recognized Educational Institutions, Nationalised Bank Passbook with attested Photograph, Pension card / Pension documents having photograph of the passenger, Disability Photo ID Card / handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State / UT Governments / Administrations).
Now get up to 15% off on flights; use coupon code “DEAL”.Search Flights
Documents Required for Boarding a Domestic Air India Plane Different from Those Required for Booking
The documents required for both booking and boarding a domestic Air India plane are the same.
Documents Required for International Travel in Air India
Below are the documents required for international travel in Air India:
- Boarding pass,
- Visa for the country of travel,
- Valid passport,
- Health certificate(s), and
- Necessary currency/cash.
Know more about these documents.
Documents Required for Travelling to Nepal
To travel to/from Nepal, one must carry the following:
- Valid Passport,
- Photo Identity card issued by the Government of India/State Govt./UT Administration in India to their employees or Election ID card issued by the Election Commission of India.
- Emergency Certificate issued by Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
- Identity Certificate issued by Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
- Persons in the age group of above 65 years and below 15 years would be exempted from the requirement of approved identity documents mentioned at S.Nos. (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv). However, they must have some documents with photograph to confirm their age and identity such as PAN card, Driving licence, CGHS card, Ration card etc.
- Children between the age group of 15 to 18 years may be allowed to travel between India and Nepal on the strength of an Identity certificate issued by the principal of the school in the prescribed proforma.
- In case of a family (family means husband, wife, minor children and parents) travelling together, the approved identification documents at S.Nos. (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) would not be insisted on by all the family members if one of the adult members of the family has in possession of one of the prescribed identification documents at S. Nos. (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv). However, the other family members must have some proof of their identity with a photograph and their relationship as a family viz.CGHS card, Ration card, Driving licence, ID card issued by school/college etc.
Know more about these required documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What documents are required for unaccompanied minors to travel in Air India?
A.Unaccompanied minors travelling on Air India aircraft need to submit the airline’s designated form at least three days before the scheduled departure. It should be noted that on certain international routes, the upper age limit of unaccompanied minors is 16 years.
Q. What documents are required for minors travelling internationally with someone other than their parents?
A. Minors under the age of 18 years may be required to submit additional documents when travelling outside India with someone other than their parents. These documents can include a consent letter, photocopies of parents’ passports and an original passport.
For more stories like this, stay tuned to ixigo!