The Railway Ministry has published a report of major achievements made by Indian Railways under the 100 Days Action Plan.
From more passenger-friendly services to the best-ever safety record, here are the top ten achievements:
1. Zero Passenger Fatality – Indian Railways has registered a new safety record with zero passenger fatalities during April-August 2019.
2. Higher Investment – 2019-20 budget estimates have recorded the highest ever capital expenditure of Rs 1,60,176 crore on Indian Railways.
Planning a trip? Book tickets here:Search Trains
3. Security First – The first Railway Commando Battalion ‘CORAS’ to be deployed in Naxal-hit areas, J&K and NE.
4. Speedy Journey – The national transporter has approved increasing the speed to 160 kmph on Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi Howrah routes by 2022-2023.
5. Electrification – 1,106 km of railway tracks have been electrified across the entire Indian Railways network during the April-August period.
6. New Rail lines – Approval has been granted for the third line between Allahabad- Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction, a new Line between Sahjanwa-Dohrighat, a new Line between Vaibhavwadi-Kolhapur and doubling of Line from New Bongaigaon-Aghori.
7. New coaches and trains – Indian Railways is all set to start the second Vande Bharat Express service soon. A 29 percent increase in the production of coaches has also been recorded.
8. Swachh Railways – From April-August 2019, a total of 24,493 bio-toilets were installed in the coaches. Also, single-use plastic material will be banned from October 02, 2019.
9. Passenger Services – Free high-speed Wi-Fi facility is now provided across 4,100 stations. Also, SMS alerts about ticket confirmation and the final status of reservation charts are being sent.
10. Faster Construction – Indian Railways have recorded an overall increase of 36% in construction and doubling of railway lines. A 220% increase in elimination of manned level crossings has also been recorded.
Top Searched Train Routes
Hyderabad To Tirupati Trains | Delhi To Gorakhpur Trains | Pune To Hyderabad Trains | Vijayawada To Hyderabad Trains | Hyderabad To Chennai Trains| Jodhpur To Delhi Trains | Rewari To Delhi Trains | Agra To Jaipur Trains | Jaipur To Agra Trains | Pune To Bangalore Trains | Delhi To Pathankot Trains | Bangalore To Shimoga Trains | Gwalior To Delhi Trains | Madurai To Rameshwaram Trains | Delhi To Bhopal Trains | Patna To Mumbai Trains | Lucknow To Mumbai Trains | Mumbai To Varanasi Trains | Gorakhpur To Delhi Trains | Lucknow To Varanasi Trains