As a proof of identity, railways has prescribed a list of 10 documents for passengers travelling by AC chair car, 3AC, 2AC, 1AC and executive class. It is mandatory for the travellers to produce any one of the these IRCTC valid ID proofs during the train journey.
If any passenger fails to provide any one of these 10 documents then as per extant Railway Rules, the passenger will be treated as travelling without a ticket.
10 Documents valid for Identity Proof:
- Voter photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India
- Pan Card issued by Income Tax Department
- Driving Licence issued by RTO
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by central/state government
- Photo identity card with photograph issued by recognized school/college
- Nationalized bank passbook with photograph
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
- Unique Identification Card ‘Aadhar’
- Railways will now accept e-Aadhaar as identity proof (Earlier, only printed version or the hard copy of Aadhaar card was considered as a valid ID)
Top Searched Train Routes
Mumbai to Goa Trains | Delhi To Agra Trains | Delhi To Goa Trains | Delhi To Mumbai Trains | Mumbai To Delhi Trains | Patna To Gaya Trains | Gaya To Patna Trains | Chennai To Bengaluru Trains | Mysore To Bengaluru Trains | Pune To Mumbai Trains | Bangalore To Goa Trains | Mumbai To Pune Trains | Delhi To Patna Trains | Ahmedabad To Mumbai Trains | Delhi To Lucknow Trains | Delhi To Chandigarh Trains | Delhi To Jammu Trains | Patna To Delhi Trains | Pune To Goa Trains | Indore To Bhopal Trains
It is suggested that all passengers must follow all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines during the journey.