As a proof of identity, railways has prescribed a list of 10 documents for passengers travelling by AC chair car, 3AC, 2AC, 1AC and executive class. It is mandatory for the travellers to produce any one of the these documents during the train journey.
If any passenger fails to provide any one of these 10 documents then as per extant Railway Rules, the passenger will be treated as travelling without a ticket.
10 Documents valid for Identity Proof:
- Voter photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India
- Pan Card issued by Income Tax Department
- Driving Licence issued by RTO
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by central/state government
- Photo identity card with photograph issued by recognized school/college
- Nationalized bank passbook with photograph
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
- Unique Identification Card ‘Aadhar’
- Railways will now accept e-Aadhaar as identity proof (Earlier, only printed version or the hard copy of Aadhaar card was considered as a valid ID)