You will need to provide a printout of your itinerary/e-ticket or show it on your mobile phone along with a valid photo identity proof. Know more about IndiGo’s flights.
Now get up to 15% off on flights; use coupon code “DEAL”.Search flights
The following are considered valid photo identification documents at airports:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driving Licence
- Election Photo Identification Card
- PAN card issued by the Income Tax department
- Photo identity card issued by the employer, being government and reputed private sector organisations.
Documents Required for Foreign Nationals in IndiGo:
The only valid photo ID acceptable for foreign nationals travelling in IndiGo is their passport. The customer’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
Documents Required for travelling to Nepal in IndiGo:
Except for Indians and Nepalese, all other nationalities need to have a valid Visa for India if they are transiting with check-in baggage.
Documents accepted for Indian Nationals:
- Age Group (0–3 years): Valid, original birth certificate on which DOB is mentioned with parents’ name.
- Age Group (below 18 years): Travelling with parent (or) guardian, will be allowed with school ID Card (original) or letterhead from school with photo and Principal’s stamp and signature or a valid passport, if travelling alone.
- Age Group (18 and above ): Only valid Voter ID or passport is valid to travel to Nepal.
Note: Aadhaar (UID) Card is not an acceptable travel document for travel to Nepal/Bhutan.
Know more about documents accepted for Nepalese nationals.
Documents Required for Completing Web Check-In in IndiGo:
Passengers do not need any documents for completing web check-in in IndiGo flights. Using their booking reference number/PNR, domestic travellers can do the web check-in up to 48 hours to 60 min before flight departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are children and infants required to carry their ID proofs?
No, infants and minors accompanied by their parents/guardians, who are bonafide passengers having a valid ID proof, are not required to show any identification documents. It is, however, advised to cross-check with IndiGo and carry the documentation nonetheless.
2. What documents are required for Unaccompanied Minors to travel in IndiGo flights?
A parent or guardian is required to complete a signed Unaccompanied Minor form at the point of check-in at each departure airport prior to travel. The form must contain the name and contact number of the parent or guardian (above the age of 18) who will meet the unaccompanied minor at the point of arrival.