Chennai to Colombo FlightsBook Chennai to Colombo flights at cheapest prices starting at ₹3854. Approximately 9 flights of different airlines fly between Chennai and Colombo. On flights from MAA - CMB, travellers can earn ixigo money of upto ₹5000 and use 100% of earned ixigo money on future flight booking.
only indicative - actual prices may vary
Chennai to Colombo Flights Route Details
|Total Number of Flights||9|
|Aerial Distance||686 KM|
|Airlines on This Route||SriLankan, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India|
|Cheapest Flight for Next 30 Days||SpiceJet SG1, ₹3999|
|Cheapest Flight for Next 60 Days||IndiGo 6E1211, ₹3854|
|Minimum Flight Duration||01 Hours & 10 Minutes|
|First Flight Departs from Chennai||SpiceJet 1, Departs at 00:10|
|First Flight Arrives at Colombo||SpiceJet 1, Arrives at 01:30|
|Last Flight Departs from Chennai||SriLankan 124, Departs at 20:10|
|Last Flight Arrives at Colombo||SriLankan 124, Arrives at 22:30|
Chennai Colombo Flights - FAQs
- When is the earliest flight from Chennai for Colombo?The earliest flight for Colombo departs at 00:10 from Chennai and reaches Colombo at 01:30.
- To reach Colombo late at night, when does the last flight from Chennai departs?To reach Colombo late at night, the last flight from Chennai departs at 20:10 and arrives Colombo airport at 22:30. Many airlines provide services on this route.
- How far is Chennai to Colombo by flight and what is the daily frequency of flights on this route?Chennai to Colombo is approximately 686 km by flight. The frequency of flights from Chennai Airport to Colombo Airport is about 9 daily.
- What is the average journey duration from Chennai to Colombo in a direct flight. Also, what is the approximate flight fare of the journey?If travelling from Chennai to Colombo by airways, the average journey duration will be 01 Hours & 10 Minutes and will cost around ₹3854.
- What is the hand baggage limit on domestic flights and do they vary? What is the baggage limit from Chennai to Colombo.Hand baggage limit on domestic flights vary from airlines to airlines. Please contact the concerned airlines for any such queries.
- For reaching Colombo from Chennai, how many flights fly on this route everyday?From Chennai to Colombo, there are 9 flights that fly on this route everyday. Reach Colombo easily and conveniently by choosing any of these flights.
- To make flight bookings for Chennai to Colombo route in the next 30 days, what would be the lowest airfare for this route?If booking in next 30 days, ₹3854 would be the lowest airfare for a flight from Chennai to Colombo. There are 9 flights that fly on this route. Book online in advance and get the cheapest price for Chennai to Colombo route.
- For reaching Colombo from Chennai, how many weekly flights fly on this route?From Chennai to Colombo, there are 9 flights that fly on this route weekly. Book a flight that suits the schedule and offers better prices. The cheapest airfare for Chennai to Colombo route is ₹3854.
- To travel from Chennai to Colombo, what is the cheapest fare for today?Your search for the cheapest fares from Chennai to Colombo ends here. ₹3854 is the most affordable fare today. Go book flights right now!
- How to book tickets via internet from Chennai to Colombo?It is simple! Login to https://www.ixigo.com/flights & search for the destination, i.e., Chennai to Colombo with dates, choose the best fare, provide personal details and book the flight easily.
- Suggest as how ixigo is different from online travel agents?ixigo is not an online travel agency or agent. It is a travel search engine which aggregates several travel websites so that travellers get the best fares and deals.
- For a Chennai to Colombo flight, what is the check-in baggage limit?The check-in baggage limit for Chennai to Colombo flights depends upon the airline. But it is usually 7 kgs.
- How much hand luggage weight is allowed for Chennai to Colombo flights?The allowed hand luggage weight for Chennai to Colombo flights varies from 23 kgs to 60 kgs as per the cabin class booking.
- What are the advantages of web check-in before flying from Chennai?The advantage of web check-in when flying from Chennai is that one can reserve their own favourite seat and take a print out of the boarding pass without standing in long queues.
- What is the procedure to change the date of a flight (Chennai to Colombo)? Please help!It is possible to change the travel date for a Chennai to Colombo flight. Just have to contact the airlines and tell about the change of plan.
Cheapest Chennai to Colombo Flight Fares
|Chennai - Colombo Cheapest Flights||Fare (INR)||Date of Journey||Airline Name||Book Tickets|
|in 30 days|
|in 60 days|
|in 90 days|
* Chennai to Colombo Flight Fares shown are indicative and subject to change until ticketed. Prices are guaranteed only at the time of purchase
How to Travel to & from Chennai Airport
Chennai International Airport is the third busiest airport in India. It is a bustling portal for flyers who visit southern states of India like Kerala, Karnataka, Goa and Tamil Nadu. It is quite convenient for a person to reach from city centre to the airport. The distance one needs to cover is approximately 19 km. One can board the metro to reach the airport. The first train from Nehru Park to Airport starts at 5.54 AM and the last one operates at 10.54 PM. Other than metro you can find number of AC buses and regular interurban buses for this route. You can also book a pre-paid taxi or book a Ola or an Uber to reach the airport in 50 mins. One can also take an auto-rickshaw to reach the airport. Compared to the day-time fares, rickshaws may charge you 50% higher during night.
Facilities at Chennai Airport
Travel Club lounges present at both domestic and international terminals endow flyers with a comfortable experience. For availing this facility, one needs to opt for options like pay-per-use, single visit passes or lounge memberships. Better convenience is provided with ATMs/ cash machines along with currency exchange available at both terminals. Pick great stuff from Chennai with a huge variety of merchandise like souvenirs, tea, clothing, etc. There are various shops located throughout the airport selling these items. You can also indulge in duty free shopping at the International terminal. This terminal also has facilities like luggage storage and lockers. Other major facilities at this airport include, mobile charging, massages and spa, child care room, luggage trolleys, medical services, etc.
Best time to visit Chennai
South India is a beautiful part of our country and Chennai is its most beautiful jewel. The city is huge and bestowed with a colourful culture and astonishing beauty. Tourists from all over the world are attracted to this place because of its gorgeous beaches, beautiful temples, grand historic sites and mouth-watering dishes. Witnessing three major seasons (monsoon, winter and summer), the best time to visit Chennai is during the winter time. The weather is less humid with declining heat wave that sets the perfect scenario for sightseeing. The temperature during these months range between 19°C - 27°C with cool breeze throughout the day.
Top Routes from Chennai
How to Travel to & from Colombo Airport
Bandaranaike International airport serves as the gateway for all the tourists visiting Sri Lanka. It is the only international airport in the country and is located at a distance of about half an hour from the commercial capital of Colombo. It takes approximately 35 to 40 minutes to cover the distance of airport to the city centre. The airport taxi services, supervised by the Airport and Aviation services, operates from the arrival lobby with a fleet of 600 vehicles. Direct express way buses are also available for the commute.
Facilities at Colombo Airport
Located at a distance of about 35 km from Colombo, Bandaranaike International Airport is the only international airport in the country. 24*7 information desks available at the airport ensure an hassle-free travel experience to the commuters. Left luggage counters, special assistance, play zone, WiFi, mobile charging, medical services and lounge facilities are available at the airport. Car rental facility is also provided at the airport. Famous eateries like Nestle Lanka, Burger King and Barista can also be found at the airport.
Best Time to Visit Colombo
From sandy beaches in Galle to serene mountains in Dambulla, from ancient ruins in Anuradhapura to skyscrapers in Colombo, Sri Lanka is a travellers paradise. Nature walks, trekking, hot air balloons, scuba diving, heritage walks and parasailing are some of the perks of visiting this place. Adam’s peak is the most sacred mountain in the country and is a must-visit. The best time to visit Colombo is between the months of November and February. This is the time when temperature remains low and rainfall doesn’t affect the region. March and April are the months when Colombo witnesses hot temperatures and high humidity levels.
Top Routes to Colombo
Chennai to Colombo Flight Fare Calendar
- 21 Jan₹5171
- Chennai to Colombo by Air India Airline from INR 5171
- 22 Jan₹5198
- Chennai to Colombo by IndiGo Airline from INR 5198
- 23 Jan₹4622
- Chennai to Colombo by SpiceJet Airline from INR 4622
- 24 Jan₹4726
- Chennai to Colombo by IndiGo Airline from INR 4726
- 25 Jan₹4205
- Chennai to Colombo by SpiceJet Airline from INR 4205
- 26 Jan₹4205
- Chennai to Colombo by SpiceJet Airline from INR 4205
- 27 Jan
- 28 Jan
- 29 Jan
- 30 Jan
- 31 Jan
- 02 Feb
- 03 Feb
- 04 Feb
- 05 Feb
- 06 Feb
- 07 Feb
- 08 Feb
- 09 Feb
- 10 Feb
- 11 Feb
- 12 Feb
- 14 Feb
- 15 Feb
- 17 Feb
- 18 Feb
- 20 Feb
- 21 Feb
- 22 Feb
Chennai Airport Details
Name : Chennai International Airport
Address : G. S. Satellite Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 027
Phone : 044 2256 0551
Email : N/A
Colombo Airport Details
Name : Bandaranaike International Airport
Address : Canada Friendship Rd, Katunayake 11450, Sri Lanka
Phone : NA
Email : NA
Top Routes To Colombo
Top Routes From Chennai
very good app where u can compare airfare of multiple airlines.
- Rakesh Daswani
Best in Class. The customer support was quick. There are many offers available. It integrates all the booking companies into one place. Great going.
- Prasanth Vardhan Polavarapu
on ixigo i always got tickets on very cheap rates. ialways recommend ixigo to make flight ticket hotelbooking etc
- Abhi Aas
great app. got rs. 750 ixigo money on first flight booking. and Rs. 350 ixigo money on second booking.
- Mohd. Ahsan