IRCTC Train Ticket Booking on ixigo
IRCTC Authorised Partner
Last Updated: 2023-06-07
IRCTC Authorised Partner - Train Booking
Book IRCTC or Indian Railway train tickets online quickly and easily on ixigo’s train mobile app or website using your IRCTC user ID and login. You will be paying ₹0 payment gateway fee on train booking and reservation via UPI. We, being IRCTC authorised partner, offer Tatkal ticket booking service online on our mobile app and website. You can also book special trains online on our mobile app.
Once you have booked your ticket online, check your PNR status and know the chances of your ticket confirmation. Confirm your train's live running status (or use ixigo’s where is my train feature).
ixigo app has multipe offers on UPI, credit card, debit card, CRED (train ticket booking cashback) on mobile train ticket booking for all Indian Railway passengers and users. Book a train ticket via ixigo and avoid paying any payment gateway charges if you pay via CRED Pay for train ticket booking.
|Number of Live Trains Running||6094+|
IRCTC Popular Train Routes
|Delhi to Goa||Delhi to Goa Train|
|Delhi to Rishikesh||Delhi to Rishikesh Train|
|Mumbai to Goa||Mumbai to Goa Train|
|Pune to Goa||Pune to Goa Train|
|Delhi to Guwahati||Delhi to Guwahati Train|
Indian Railway Ticket Reservation
Use our train seat availability feature to find out the seat or berth availability in your train and check ticket lowest prices. Make online train ticket reservations according to your preferred options- date of travel, train halt in minutes, train route. Enjoy other Indian railway reservation facilities on our app and website.
IRCTC Train Ticket Booking Online
Here’s how to book IRCTC tickets online:
- Open the ixigo website or download mobile app. Click on book train tickets section.
- Select the source and destination Indian Railway stations from the list.
- Pick a date of departure and travel class-AC First Class, Sleeper Class, Second AC, Third AC, AC Chair car.
- Choose your Indian Railway train and travel class based on arrivel time and travel time (in hours).
- Fill in the passenger details including berth perference, names of children, senior citizens.
- Log in using your IRCTC user ID and password. Create a new IRCTC username if you don't have one.
- Complete the payment and reservation process using your IRCTC login details. You will be redirected to IRCTC website.
- You will then receive a confirmation on your registered email id and SMS on mobile number.
IRCTC Next Generation Ticket Booking
ixigo offers the same features and benefits as that of IRCTC next generation ticket booking process.
Planning a trip anytime soon? If yes, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is the newest and the most hassle-free way to book train tickets. It’s an extended arm of the Indian Railways that provides ticketing, catering, and tourism services to the passengers. You can also book your seats using the ixigo trains app and avail great deals. Seat availability, PNR status checking, cancellation of tickets can also be easily done on the IRCTC authorised iixigo trains app. So, avoid standing in a queue at the railway counter and browse for trains, and book your tickets according to the budget on ixigo.
IRCTC Train Ticket Prices/Fare as per Travel Class
|Travel Class||Minimum Distance for Charge||Basic Fare at Min Dist||Res Fee||Supp Charge for Superfast Trains|
|Second Class||50 Kms||₹30||₹15||₹15|
|Sleeper Class||200 Kms||₹124||₹20||₹30|
|AC Chair Car||150 Kms||₹211||₹40||₹45|
|AC 3 Tier||300 Kms||₹470||₹40||₹45|
|First Class||100 Kms||₹232||₹50||₹45|
IRCTC Authorised Partner - Train Ticket Booking Timings
|IRCTC Train Ticket Booking Timings||00:20 AM to 11:45 PM|
|IRCTC website's shut down timings for maintenance||11:45 PM to 12:20 AM|
How many passengers per PNR can be booked on IRCTC Tatkal e-tickets
|4 Passengers (max.)|
|Senior Citizen Quota in IRCTC||Yes|
|Senior citizen concession in IRCTC Tatkal Quota||Not Allowed|
|IRCTC Tatkal Booking Timings For AC berth||10 AM for AC Berth|
|IRCTC Tatkal Booking Timings For Non AC berth||11 AM for Non AC Berth|
Maximum ticket booking allowed per user in a month in Indian Railways
|24 for users with Aadhar number linked. 12 for others.|
|Maximum tickets that can be booked from one user ID in a day||Maximum two tickets can be booked from 1 user ID in a day.|
Top Train Routes
More Train Information
IRCTC Authorised Partner - Train Ticket Booking FAQ
Q. How can I create an IRCTC account login ID?
A: To create a new IRCTC login ID, visit the official home page of the IRCTC. Right below the login box, there is an option to sign up. When you click on it, a registration box will open. Now enter your user ID, password, security question, and preferred language, followed by personal information like name, gender, Aadhaar card number, PAN card number and your residential address. After you enter all the information, click on submit. For the verification of your IRCTC login account, a link will be sent to your registered email ID. Your registration process is now complete, and you are ready to use your IRCTC account. Watch this video to see all the steps described above
Q. Can I change my IRCTC login ID?
A: Making your login ID is a one-time registration process. Once you have registered, you cannot change your username or the login credentials for a given email address.
Q. How can I log into my IRCTC account?
A: For IRCTC login, open the ixigo app and just log in using your registered username. Next, select the departure and arrival destinations, date of travel, the class you want to travel in, and your traveller details. Then, click on ‘Pay Now’ to complete the payment. Once it is successful, the app will ask you to enter your password. Do this, and make your booking.
Q. What is the maximum number of IRCTC train tickets one can book at a time?
A: As per IRCTC, maximum number of bookings allowed per month = 12 and maximum number of passengers booked per ticket = 6. So, a maximum of 36 passengers can be booked in a month from IRCTC ID.
Q. How can I recover my IRCTC user ID and password?
A: You can find your login details on the IRCTC welcome message sent to your registered email. To locate this mail, use search terms like ‘IRCTC’ or '[email protected]' in your inbox. If you don’t have this mail and wish to reset your password, go to irctc website, then Login and then Forgot Password. Submit the required details and enter the OTP received via email/SMS to be led to a new page. Enter your new password here, and click on ‘Update Password’ to complete the process. Your username can be recovered similarly, by going to irctc.co.in, then Login and then Forgot User ID. The existing user ID will be sent to your registered email. Watch this video to follow all the steps described above
Q. How can I book railway tickets by mobile?
A: You can book railway tickets on mobile by using the ixigo trains app, or by visiting websites. Simply choose your route, date and preferred seat; update passenger details (including the IRCTC user ID); and make the payment to book your ticket. During COVID-19, you must also share your destination address, for contact tracing as per government regulations.
Q. How do I cancel the IRCTC train ticket after the train has departed?
A: If a railway booking is confirmed, it can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. As per IRCTC website, tickets booked online cannot be cancelled after the chart is prepared.
Q. Are children charged for IRCTC train ticket booking?
A: Children under 5 years of age are not charged for a train journey. Children between 5 to 12 years of age are charged fully if a berth is sought for the child separately. However, if a berth/seat is not required for a child between 5 to 12 years of age, then only half of the adult fare will be applicable.
Q. What is TDR in your IRCTC train ticket?
A: TDR refers to the ticket deposit receipt. Passengers who have a ticket but have not travelled, and want to apply for a refund, can file for a TDR. The IRCTC provides facilities to file TDR online. If the train chart is not prepared, users can cancel their ticket online. It is only after a chart is ready that a TDR needs to be filed for a refund. Some different scenarios where an IRCTC TDR can be filed are:
- AC failure in train coaches.
- No room for passenger after chart preparation.
- Change In Reservation Status from confirmed to Waitlisted/Part Waitlisted/RAC after chart preparation.
- Fare difference if the passenger travelled in a lower class.
- Fare difference in case a proper coach is not attached.
- Passenger could not cancel because the chart was prepared at the originating station or a previous remote location.
- Partially Confirmed/Waitlisted tickets, but all passengers did not travel.
- Partially Confirmed/Waitlisted tickets and waitlisted passengers did not travel.
- Passengers partially travelled, before the journey was terminated short of destination.
- Passenger did not travel as reservation was provided in a lower class.
- Passenger did not travel due to RAC ticket after chart preparation.
- Train being diverted, so it cannot touch the boarding station.
- Train being diverted, so it cannot touch the destination station.
- Train being late by more than 3 hours and the passengers not travelling on it.
- Train missed as connecting train was late.
- Train terminated short of destination.
- Being wrongly charged by the TTE.
Q. What are the new IRCTC rules for passengers?
A: In light of COVID-19, the IRCTC has issued some new rules and safety precautions for passengers travelling on trains. These rules state that:
- You can get your favourite food at your train seat via e-Catering available at selected train station.
- Face masks and face covers are mandatory for all passengers at entry and exit during travel.
- All passengers are requested to follow the covid guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and concerned State/UTs on the subject from time to time.